1) Takes up 73% of industries in Canada
2) Provides services needed for primary and secondary industries
3) Provides jobs for most of the population
4) Offers a service, instead of making a product
5) Largest of the three industries
6) Also known as the service industry
The tertiary industry is the most popular industry in Canada. Also known as the service industry, 73% of Canada's occupations are offered in this industry. Some common jobs in the service industry are: Retail outlets, banks and public transportation. Unlike the primary and secondary industry, the tertiary industry does not rely solely on raw materials from the earth, but instead a service offered from the population.